As you can see I haven't posted to my personal blog in quite awhile. I'd like to say I was busy, but because I'm on the job hunt it may be perceived I am not busy at all. All I can say is I haven't found the time to sit down and write. So here is a quick update on my life:
- Gardening - This year I built a raised garden bed for my tomatoes. Although we do have quite a bit of garden space,the ground is too hard to plant organic veggies or any plant for that matter. We planted tomatoes, green beans, and bell peppers toward the end of May. I've had a steady, ripe crop this year and this Saturday I plan to pull the veggies out of the ground and add the remains to our compost bin. Recently, I reminisced about what our garden looked like when we first moved in three years ago and thought it would be interesting and/or fascinating to see how much our garden and house has changed over the past three years. Check out the before and after pictures below:
- Health - As of September 1st, the scale hit an all time high, so I've decided to blog daily (or weekly depending on my mood and/or time constraints) at Natural Weight Loss Show.com.
- Movies - My love for movies, especially documentaries, has grown exponentially over the last couple of years and I'm gearing up to produce a documentary that's been floating around in my head for over ten years. More to come on that subject, but in the meantime check out my Vlog at Cheri's Vlog
- Photography - If you've ever met me you know that I love snapping pics. I can pretty much guarantee there is a pic of you posted on any of my social media sites. Check out my pics at:Flickr Photos. I know the pics need to be updated, but you can see my latest pics on my Facebook page (see Facebook link on the left side of this page).
- Volunteer Work - I volunteer for Cinequest every year, because I love and appreciate the art of movie making and the collaboration it takes to produce a movie, not to mention meeting the people behind the movies. I will continue to volunteer for Cinequest, but I have always had a passion for understanding and empathizing with children. I feel like I'm still a child at heart and consider adults to be grown up children. Like children, I love to be curious, discover and make new friends, so I'd like to utilize these qualities to help a child in need. So this week I'll be starting a new chapter in my life to do just that. I'll be training to be a Child Advocate/Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA) for an abused and/or neglected child. Check out the Promo Video at:
Child Advocate Video
My life is not all peaches and cream, but whose life is? I'm keeping myself busy and plan to complete my AA in Technical Writing with a Minor in Computer Information Systems (Project Management) at De Anza College by the end of 2012. I'm also in between jobs at the moment, but am dedicating myself to finding the right career opportunity for me in the very near future. I continue to smile and persevere. I have goals and plan to achieve them!